Recipe for amaretti biscuits in our easy vegetarian recipes collection.
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup fruit sugar
- 2/3 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon kirsch, optional
- Few drops vanilla essence
- Almond slivers, for decorating
How to make amaretti biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Gradually add the sugar, whisking continuously until the mixture is thick and lustrous.
- Stir in the ground almonds, kirsch and vanilla.
- Line baking sheets with sheets of rice paper.
- Take a spoonful of mixture about the size of a plum and roll it into a ball in the palms of your hands.
- With a sticky mixture, you will find it easier if your hands are wet.
- Flatten the balls and arrange them on the baking trays with plenty of space for them to expand during cooking.
- Decorate each biscuit with a sliver of almond and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, then carefully remove biscuits with their rice paper bases, which are edible.
- Cool them completely on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight tin.